Last weekend we had the most wonderful family day with Pirate Coast Paddle Company. Pirate Coast invited us to their little slice of paradise at Newport Dunes in Back Bay.
It was magical!
I’ve never been paddle boarding before, and I was able to do it right away on my knees, and I could stand up by the end of the day.
(above photo credit Marcie Taylor… I love it!)
We arrived and Tess was wearing her flamenco shoes. (A gift from our old foreign exchange student, Maria, aka one of our Spanish daughters.) Because mismatched socks and heals are proper beach wear.
All the kids were able to experience a typical day of Kids Pirate Paddle Camp. First, they had a beginning paddle boarding class. My kids were giddy. And they picked it up so quickly!
Then they went out on a HUGE paddle board. It was epic.
(Check out my Facebook Live video here to see the kids launch!)
I can’t even… look at those smiles…
It’s been hitting me hard this year that we only have 8 summers left before Eli is 18 years old… and even less time where I get to pick his summer activities. I feel like paddle board camp will create the most special memories. Don’t you?
About Pirate Coast Paddle Company Kids Summer Camp:
- When: Summer months- One week (M-F) increments June 20th- August 15
- Times: 9am-12:30pm (Guaranteed to tire out the most active kids!)
- Cost: $279 for the week. (Use coupon code 10OFFCAMP for 10% off!)
- Who: Boys and Girls ages 7-12 years old who love adventure.
- What will the kids actually be doing? Fun activities everyday! Including a visit to the Back Bay Science Center, visit to all the fun activities at Newport Dunes, scavenger hunt, exploring the bay, learning paddle board tricks any kayaking. And more memories than you can ever count.
And the beach.
Oh how we love the warm sand and ocean breezes…
If Summer camp isn’t your cup of tea then you can try one of Pirate Coast’s SUP Night Tours on a Friday or Saturday evening. We want to do a night tour this summer with our Life Group!
Or you can rent a paddle board any day for just $20 an hour!
All my kids loved the paddle camp experience, but Cora Jane was in her element! Isn’t it wonderful when you see what amazing humans your children are growing into?
I think so.
And Cora Jane was on cloud nine.
We left the camp with that beach afterglow and my kids were content and exhausted.
Happy campers all around the Lawson house.
Thanks you for the special day Pirate Coast Paddle Company!1